Ginger is a flowering plant that is originated from the Southeast Asia. It is among the healthiest and most delicious spices on the planet. The underground part of the stem is the part commonly used as a spice. It is often called ginger root or simply ginger.
Here are some health benefits of ginger that are supported by several scientific researches:
• Contains gingerol, which has powerful medicinal properties
• Can treat many forms of nausea, especially morning sickness
• May help with weight loss
• Can help with osteoarthritis
• May lower blood sugars and improve heart disease risk factors
• Can help treat chronic indigestion
• May significantly reduce menstrual pain
• May help lower cholesterol levels
• Contains a substance that may help prevent cancer
• May improve brain and protect against Alzheimer’s disease
• Can help fight infections
You can also visit this Healthline link to read more about these benefits and their related scientific researches.